Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Reflection

    Finally, now that the trip is over it is time to confess. During our short stay in London, I found that the whole time there was special, not only were the shows, tours, museums, and galleries hard to forget but the people as well. All of the precious memories I was able to create with this special group, will stick with me for the rest of my life. The trip was the first time I had traveled with people from my school, under the supervision of teachers and not my parents. I felt like the trip was going to be good, but in the end it went above and beyond. Of course, in addition to that the shows at night had a bit of magic to them. The 39 Steps was breathtaking (literally). I have never seen a play with only four characters in which each character had to play more than one role. Although they stumbled and used the wrong hat they made everything look natural and part of the script. In the end this trip also changed my mind a bit about musicals, before I would have to leave during any performance because I felt that singing was pathetic. However the musical The Bodyguard changed my mind the moment I heard them sing on stage. This is a trip that has taught me things for Drama furthermore it had taught me trust. I want to thank both Ms. Scott and Mr. Smalley for putting in all of their efforts to make this trip possible. And if I may say, "What happened in London, stays in London."  




          

No comments:

Post a Comment